Monday 26 August 2013

Milky Way on Cygnus

Yesterday, at my parent's house (with plenty of light pollution), before the Moon showed up, the night was particularly clear so I took my camera outside. I never saw the Milky Way there and I pointed more or less to the area where it was supposed to be. Sagitarius and Scorpio where to deep in the LP so I pointed to the Northern Cross (Cygnus) hoping to find one of the arms of our galaxy.

After several tries for getting the proper focus I started to shoot at 18mm f/3.5 (kit lens of the Nikon D3100) and got 12 good frames. I took 3 darks and decided to play with it to see if the Milky Way was there.

I must say that I'm pretty pleased with the result of the pictures after the stacking and the processing with Photoshop, maybe I can try to add more color to the image but I don't want to raise the LP. Again, just starting into this ;-).


No comments:

Post a Comment