Monday 26 August 2013

Milky Way (review)

As I said on my previous post, I give the frames another try on processing with DSS and photoshop. I'm starting to understand a little bit more about the histograms on RGB and how to even the colors or stand out the faint shadows on the dark areas of the Milky Way.

I restacked the same frames as the previous time but with a previous process with photoshop (also on the dark frames to keep the data consistent) just to experiment. The result was more clear once the DSS finished stacking and the top and top-right corners of the image won in detail. After the stacking I played with Photoshop with the curves and levels but this time not only with all the color channels together but with the individual colors.

You're free to tell which one you like most.

Milky Way first try:                                        Milky Way second try:

No comments:

Post a Comment